- To create a single web portal to consolidate a comprehensive list of courses from many agencies.
- To allow users to easily set search filters to suit particular interests and localities.
- To automatically integrate the various course databases without incurring extra work by administrative staff.
- To allow users to create accounts where they can:
Set and maintain their own custom search queries to find courses of interest.
Set reminders on upcoming courses of interest via the following media channels: Email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter
User interfaces are single page web apps to provide fast response times.
Automated new user registration and forgotten password reset via transactional email service.
SSL encryption and Trust certificate in operation.
All user data is stored in the database in encrypted form so it is useless to hackers if stolen.
- High availability is achieved by:
Load balancing to distribute traffic to more than one server under heavy loads
A warm standby replica is immediately deployable in the event a main server failure
Disaster Recovery: database backups are synced to another replica in a different data centre
The Opt-In Portal is built using the MEAN stack:
Barry Caslin: Opt-in Project Lead, Bioenergy and Rural Development Specialist, Teagasc :
"Steve was always there to provide an innovative
solution to any challenge we met along the way. He has a can-do attitude and refused to let problems or
apparent setbacks compromise the original design goals of the project. He has an extensive IT background
from which to draw upon and thus was able to deliver the project as planned".
Visit The Opt-In Portal